Natural Chiropractic Therapies for Headaches & Migraines
Headaches and migraines are painful conditions that can lead to an overall decline in a patient’s overall health and wellbeing when not treated promptly. Studies show that migraines affect 38 million people in the United States alone and are a leading cause of disability.
While many patients will turn to medications to ease their pain, a natural solution is available. Chiropractic therapies are now becoming a common treatment for those suffering from headaches and migraines; however, it’s essential to understand what type of pain you are experiencing so your chiropractor can help create a treatment plan that will help you achieve real relief.
Understanding Your Headache Pain
When you start to feel that pang of pain in your head, you likely just chalk it up to “just another headache.” Unfortunately, what most patients don’t understand is that there are different kinds of headaches, and they are categorized as either primary headaches or secondary headaches:
- Primary headaches: The pain you feel in your head is a condition, such as a tension headache, migraine, and cluster headaches.
- Secondary headaches: The pain you experience is the direct result of another condition, such as allergy headaches, hormone headaches, or exertion headaches.
Understanding what type of headache pain you are experiencing is crucial when seeking out chiropractic care because different therapies may be better suited for your particular situation.
Natural Chiropractic Therapy Options for Headache Treatments
While there are chiropractic solutions to help both primary and secondary headaches, most patients who see a chiropractor for headache treatments suffer from primary headaches, such as migraines. These headaches are often the result of improper musculoskeletal alignment, leading to muscle tension and pinched nerves in the upper back, shoulders, and neck.
The good news is that there are a variety of natural chiropractic therapy options to help you find genuine relief. What sets these therapies apart from medication is that chiropractic doesn’t simply mask pain symptoms. Instead, we address what is causing that pain through therapies such as:
- Chiropractic adjustments: A treatment that utilizes gentle, controlled force to subluxated vertebrae of the spine, which can lead to neck and headache pain when out of place. This force helps to move the vertebrae back into place, relieving any pressure on the surrounding nerves.
- Massage therapy: Helps to relieve muscle tension that can lead to pinched nerves and muscle strains.
- Physical therapy: Helps to relieve swelling and inflammation that could be causing pain in the neck and head.
Chiropractic Therapies in Duluth, GA
Headaches and migraines can happen so often that they simply become part of a patient’s everyday life. It doesn’t matter how common you experience a headache or migraine; pain should never be considered “normal.”
If you’re interested in natural chiropractic therapies for your headaches or migraines, then call our office today at (770) 738-9589 to schedule your appointment.