5 Signs You May Have Whiplash After a Car Accident
Have you suffered a car accident injury?
Over one million people suffer from whiplash per year due to car accidents, sports injuries, and other recreational activities. Though whiplash is common, you should always seek treatment, or your symptoms may worsen.
Here, you will learn the 5 signs to look for when considering whiplash, as well as why chiropractic care is an optimal choice for your whiplash recovery.
What is Whiplash?
Whiplash happens due to high-impact movements and jerkiness famous in a car accident. These sudden movements can tear the fine muscle fibers in your neck – causing the pain you may feel following an accident.
Here are 5 common symptoms of whiplash to pay attention to:
- Frequent or reoccurring headaches present in the base of the skull
- Stiff neck
- Weak range of motion in your neck that inhibits you from moving
- Tender-to-the-touch neck muscles
It’s important to remember that the signs and symptoms of whiplash may not always appear immediately. Sometimes, it can take 1-2 days for symptoms to appear after your car accident.
Whiplash Treatment in Duluth
Dr. Hurst, D.C, offers patients of Duluth effective chiropractic treatments for whiplash, including:
- Soft Tissue & Massage Therapy: Used to relieve tension from tense and sore muscles, making it easier for them to repair from injury. This can be administered by hand massage or by a foam roller.
- Spinal Adjustments: Though whiplash is not necessarily spine-related, spinal adjustments are useful to remove stress from the central nervous system – the body system that is responsible to feelings of touch, pain, and hot and cold.
Dr. Hans, D.C., has 20 years of experience in personal training, bodybuilding, and chiropractic care. He is ready and waiting to treat your whiplash, so you can get back to doing the things you love again.
If you would like to know more about treatment options for whiplash, feel free to contact Duluth Injury & Rehab Center or call 770-622-9355.
Posted In: Auto Injury